Monday, January 24, 2011

Another weak moment

I have had a pretty decent day, if I do say so myself.  So then why all of a sudden has this overwhelming sense of loneliness just engulfed me?  Loneliness, sadness, emptiness, hopelessness...  I look around and see what I have.  I am grateful for everything and thank my lucky stars I have my beautiful daughter and loving friends... maybe that's why this confuses me so much.  Tears well up in my eyes and I quickly wipe them away, ashamed at how I feel, not wanting anyone to see.  But all I want to do is crawl into bed and cry my eyes out.  By the time I actually crawl into bed, I will have buried all my feeling so deep that I will just feel numb. 

At times I have the urge to want to be near someone.  To have human contact.  Talk, laugh, sing, dance.  That feeling is quickly replaced by the urge to be alone.  Lay in a dark room with no sound, and just cry.  Do I need that distraction of being with others to keep me going?  Or do I need to take a step back and take some time to be with just me? 

It must be the night time.  Once the sun goes down, I can float on the days high just long enough to get dinner done, and then I'm back to square one.  Another night of taking it one minute at a time and hoping that's enough to get me through until dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment